Choose a brand
Funeral directors who can help you find grief counselling
No results found.
Please try another search term or change filters
Still looking for funeral directors within County Durham and surrounding areas?
Find funeral directors in County Durham
Are you looking for a funeral director in County Durham? We’re here to help. Our listings cover all of County Durham, from Seaham and Durham to the Pennines. We include local independent funeral homes, as well as national names like Co-op Funeralcare. So, you’ll be able to find the funeral director that’s right for you.
Planning a funeral in County Durham
County Durham has lots of options for funerals, including 3 crematoriums, numerous cemeteries and 2 woodland burial grounds. For religious services, there’re a variety of Christian and Catholic churches in County Durham, as well as a mosque in Durham itself and a Quaker Meeting House in Barnard Castle.
Why compare County Durham funeral directors?
Funeral costs vary depending on the type of service you choose, as well as any additional extras you’d like, such as flowers and memorials. Costs also vary by funeral director, so it’s a good idea to compare prices. You can use the listings on this page to compare County Durham funeral directors, so you can make an informed decision in your own time.
Find a County Durham crematorium
If you’re planning a cremation, there are 3 crematoriums in County Durham:
- Durham Crematorium (council-run)
- Mountsett Crematorium (council-run)
- Wear Valley Crematorium (privately-run) - also known as Coundon Crematorium
Find a cemetery or burial ground in County Durham
There many council-run cemeteries in County Durham. These include:
- Belmont Parish Cemetery (council-run)
- Bishop Auckland Cemetery (council-run)
- Castleside Cemetery, Consett (council-run)
- Cowshill - Burtree Ford Cemetery (council-run)
- Moorside Cemetery, Consett (council-run) - has areas for burials and cremated remains, as well as and babies and children's gardens.
- Ropery Lane Cemetery, Chester-le-Street (council-run) - caters for all denominations.
- Sacriston Cemetery (council-run)
- South Road Cemetery, Durham (council-run)
If you’re thinking about a woodland burial in County Durham, there are also two natural burial grounds in the area:
You can find more details about County Durham cemetery and crematorium listings on the Durham County Council website.
Find funeral wake venues in County Durham
If you’re arranging a wake, you might choose to host it at home or at a community centre or village hall. Alternatively, if you’re looking to hire a venue, you can find a selection of pubs, restaurants and other County Durham wake venues for hire here.
We recommend taking some time to look into the different cemeteries and crematoriums listed above before you make your choice. You can find more information through
Inspiring ways to celebrate the life of a loved one
Read real stories for ideas.
Are you a funeral director in County Durham?
Claim and edit your listing to showcase the services and support you offer.