Choose a brand
Funeral directors who can help you find grief counselling
No results found.
Please try another search term or change filters
Find funeral directors in Billingham
We’ve collected a list of funeral directors in Billingham to help you arrange the funeral you have in mind for your loved one. Whether you’re looking for an independent director like Joel D Kerr Funerals, or a director that’s part of a bigger brand, like Dignity’s Relph & Teesside funeral directors in Billingham, you’ll be able to find all the information you need here.
Planning a funeral in Billingham
Your chosen funeral director in Billingham will be able to help you put plans in place. The local area has a nearby crematorium, as well as several cemeteries and wake venues. If you’d like to organise a religious ceremony, there are churches in the town, as well as synagogues, mosques and temples in the neighbouring areas of Darlington, Stockton-on-Tees and wider Middlesbrough.
Find a Billingham crematorium
The closest crematorium to Billingham is:
- Teesside Crematorium – this crematorium is in the grounds of Acklam Cemetery, 5-miles from Middlesbrough town centre. It has two chapels, which can be used for services. These are St Bede’s and St Hilda’s.
Find a cemetery or burial ground in Billingham
There are various council-run and privately-run cemeteries in Billingham. Some you might like to consider are:
- Billingham Cemetery – Billingham Cemetery on Wolviston Back Lane lies at the centre of the town. As well as the main cemetery, there’s the Garden of St Hilda (dedicated to babies’ graves) and a Cremated Remains Garden for ashes.
- Durham Road Cemetery – this cemetery is a 15-minute drive from Billingham. Like Billingham Cemetery, it has a dedicated garden for babies’ graves, as well as a garden for ashes.
- Thornaby Cemetery – also a 15-minute drive from Billingham, Thornaby cemetery houses St Cuthbert Babies’ Garden and has a dedicated garden for ashes.
- Oxbridge Lane Cemetery – just 20-minutes from Billingham, this cemetery was extended to make room for more burials. It also has a garden of remembrance for ashes and is home to St Nicholas Babies’ Garden.
- Egglescliffe Cemetery – while the main cemetery closed to new burials in 2003, it does still have a garden for ashes available to use. It’s a 25-minute drive from Billingham.
You can find more details about these cemeteries on the Stockton-on-Tees council website.
- Blue House Woodland - if you’re planning a natural burial, Blue House Woodland Burials is the nearest woodland burial site. It’s roughly 15-minutes in the car.
Find funeral wake venues in Billingham
You might choose to host the wake at your home or at a community centre. There are 7 community centres near Billingham. These are:
- Low Grange Community Centre
- High Grange Community Centre
- Old Billingham Community Centre
- Monkseaton Community Hall
- Wolviston Court Community Centre
- Clarences Resource & Community Centre
- Marsh House Community Centre
Inspiring ways to celebrate the life of a loved one
Read real stories for ideas.
Are you a funeral director in Billingham?
Claim and edit your listing to showcase the services and support you offer.
We recommend taking some time to look into the different cemeteries and crematoriums listed above before you make your choice. You can find more information through their websites or by reading independent reviews. This will help you to find the best option to meet your needs.