Last Update July 2017
Below is a summary of our key terms and conditions. However, these a substitute for reading the full version.
- Funeral Choice provides an online venue where you can search for a funeral director (also referred to as Partners here) to arrange a funeral for you.
- The funeral services you can buy or book on Funeral Choice are sold by our Partners and not us.
- We are not liable for the services you receive from our partners, but let us know if you encounter a problem or the service you receive falls short of your expectation and we’ll do our best to help out.
- Funeral Choice is designed to be an easy, modern and safe way to arrange a funeral. Remember that the funeral director is there to serve you at all times.
- If you want to change your booking please contact the funeral director directly to arrange.
- Funerals can be expensive and unexpected – that’s why we’ve worked hard with our partners to make a payment schedule that works for everyone. We ask for 10% as a deposit on booking (returnable at the Partner’s discretion), followed by a 40% payment a few days before the funeral with the remainder to be paid within seven days after the funeral. Failure to pay any amount may result in cancellation of the funeral. We reserve the right to share customer information with the Partner in the case of any unpaid amounts.
- Payments can be made by you or other persons who you designate. Funeral Choice will only return funds directly to the person who made them and will at no time transfer monies to anyone else.
- Rules regarding cancellation: If you wish to cancel your booking, you may do so at any time at least three days before the planned date of the funeral or before the 40% payment has been made. We will return any funds held by us that have not been forwarded to the Partner. It is at the Partner’s discretion whether to return your deposit payment, as they may have already begun to incur costs on your behalf.
If you want to talk to us, please get in touch with our team:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01983 754 387
Post: Funeral Choice, Kings Manor Farm, Copse Lane, Freshwater, Isle of Wight, PO40 9TL
For ease of reference the following terms shall having the following meanings in these Customer Terms and Conditions:
- “Call-back Request” means your submission of a request for a telephone call from a Partner to discuss your Booking;
- “Partner(s)” means our selected third party providers of funeral goods and services who offer their funeral goods and services for sale via our Website;
- “Products/Services” means any products, goods and/or services of a Partner offered for purchase or booking via the Website;
2.1 All Products/Services shown on the Website are subject to availability and the images and/or descriptions of the Products/Services on the Website are for illustrative purposes only and actual Products/Services may vary from those images and/or descriptions. We require our Partners to ensure that all information provided by them for display on their page of the Website is accurate, complete and not misleading in any way but we cannot verify the information which they provide to us. It will be each Partner’s responsibility to ensure that all of its Products/Services listed on the Website are available and accurately described.
2.2 If you are a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products/Services that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Booking Terms and Conditions will affect these legal rights.
3. RESOLVING ISSUES
3.1 We know the funeral is very important to you and we care strongly about your experience and want to ensure we maintain the highest standards possible. If you would like to make a complaint about Funeral Choice, one of our Partners or their Products/Services, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at Funeral Choice, Kings Manor Farm, Copse
Lane, Freshwater, Isle of Wight, PO40 9TL or call us on 01983 754 387.
3.2 Following receipt of a complaint regarding a Partner we will contact the Partner to try and resolve the issue on your behalf. Further or alternatively, if you are unhappy with the Products/Services received from a Partner pursuant to a Booking, you can also:
- speak to the Partner yourself to try and resolve the issue; and/or
- leave an honest review on the Website to reflect your experience.
3.3 Please do bear in mind that while we will take all complaints about our Partners seriously and do what we can to help you resolve them; we are not responsible to you for the Products/Service which the Partners provide.
4.1 Where we have been negligent and/or breached a contractual obligation to you, we will be liable for any loss or damage you suffer as a result, as long as the loss and/or damage is foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our negligence or breach of contract, or would have been considered by you and us to be a likely consequence of it at the time we entered into the contract.
4.2 We do not accept any liability for the following types of loss, whether caused by breach of contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, even if the loss is foreseeable: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; or waste of management or office time.
4.3 We do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
5. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE CUSTOMER TERMS & CONDITIONS
5.1 We may revise these Customer Terms and Conditions from time to time in the following circumstances:
- If there are changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- If there are any other changes to our business that reasonably means we need to amend.
5.2 Every time you make a Booking the Customer Terms and Conditions in force at that time will apply to the contract between you and us.
5.3 Whenever we revise these Customer Terms and Conditions in accordance with this clause 5, we will keep you informed and give you notice of this by stating that these Booking Terms and Conditions have been amended and the relevant date at the top of this page.
6.1 All communications and notices from you must be sent to Funeral Choice by email at [email protected].
You may also contact us at: Funeral Choice, Kings Manor, Copse Lane, Freshwater, Isle of Wight, PO40 9TL. Funeral Choice may communicate and give notice to you via post, phone, email or by posting notices on the Website.
6.2 If any of these Customer Terms and Conditions are determined by a competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6.3 These Customer Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. You and we each agree that the English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or dispute arising from, or related to, the ordering and/or supply of Products/Services via the Website.