Updated: 12 October 2022
Please read these Terms and Conditions (‘Terms’) carefully before you interact with the Funeral Choice Website (‘Website’), as these Terms will apply to any interaction you make with this Website. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use this Website and should terminate your session immediately.
- “Funeral Choice” means Funeral Advisor Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under company number 08768692 and whose registered office is at Funeral Advisor Ltd, 4 King Edwards Court, King Edwards Square, Sutton Coldfield, B73 6AP).
- Funeral Choice is an online platform displaying an array of funeral-related information and an online directory showcasing many UK-based funeral service providers, known as funeral directors.
- Funeral Choice does not directly offer or supply funeral products or services, nor can these be solely booked through us.
- The funeral products and services displayed on Funeral Choice are sold directly by the individual funeral directors listed, and once you have made contact with your chosen funeral director, it is your responsibility to then abide by any contract, terms and conditions that your chosen funeral director may require you to.
- We are not liable for the services you receive from the funeral directors but please inform us if you encounter a problem or if the service you receive falls short of your expectation and we will try to help.
- If you would like to contact us, you can do so by: Email: email@example.com; Phone: 01983 754387; Post: Funeral Advisor Ltd, 4 King Edwards Court, King Edwards Square, Sutton Coldfield, B73 6AP.
- The Website provides funeral-related information and details of many funeral directors in the UK (‘Products/Services’).
- All of the information that we use has been taken from the respective websites of the funeral directors and/or is publicly available information from other sources. In accordance with Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, this information does not infringe the copyright of any other party.
- All Products/Services shown on the Website are subject to availability. The images and/or descriptions of the Products/Services on the Website are for illustrative purposes only and actual Products/Services may vary from those images and/or descriptions.
- We use all reasonable endeavours to treat all funeral directors equally and we do not receive any financial compensation relating to the performance of any such funeral director displayed on the Website.
- We will aim to ensure that the information on the Website is accurate and up-to-date, but we cannot verify the information which is stated by third parties or provided to us by third parties, such as individual funeral directors. It is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the Products/Services if relying on such information. Please see clause 5 on our liability.
- If you are a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to the Products/Services that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
- If you are a representative of a funeral director that is displayed on the Website and you would like to add to or update any information that we have published, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We know the funeral is very important to you and we care strongly about your experience and want to ensure we maintain the highest standards possible.
- If you would like to make a complaint about Funeral Choice, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at Funeral Advisor Ltd, 4 King Edwards Court, King Edwards Square, Sutton Coldfield, B73 6AP or call us on: 01983 754 387. If you are unhappy with the products or services received from a funeral director, we suggest that you speak to the funeral director yourself to try and resolve the issue.
- Please do bear in mind that while we will take all complaints about the funeral directors seriously and do what we can to help you resolve them, we are not responsible to you for the products and/or services which the funeral directors provide.
- We do not exclude liability which cannot legally be limited, including liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
- breach of the terms implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession).
- Subject to clause 5.1 above, we do not accept any liability for any loss you may suffer as a result of:
- any mistake we make with the content on the Website;
- any parts of the Website being unavailable or inaccessible;
- your use of any funeral director’s website that you can access from the Website (including any purchase from that funeral director or any use they make of the personal data you provide to them);
- the downloading of any material from the Website;
- the content added to the Website by people using our interactive services;
- inaccurate pricing information, including any price predictions; and
- reliance on the pricing information, including any price predictions.
Our right to vary these Terms
- We may revise these Terms from time to time in the following circumstances:
- if there are changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- if there are any other changes to our business that reasonably means we need to amend.
- Every time you use this Website, these Terms are in force at that time and will apply to the interactions between you and us.
- Whenever we revise these Terms in accordance with this clause, we will give you notice of this by stating that these Terms have been updated and include the relevant date at the top of this page.
- All communications and notices from you must be sent to Funeral Choice by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also contact us at: Funeral Advisor Ltd, 4 King Edwards Court, King Edwards Square, Sutton Coldfield, B73 6AP. Funeral Choice may communicate and give notice to you via post, phone, email or by posting notices on the Website.
- If any of these Terms are determined by a competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You and we each agree that the Courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or dispute arising from, or related to, the arranging and/or supply of Products/Services via the Website.