Choose a brand
No results found.
Please try another search term or change filters.
Find funeral directors in Ipswich
Plan the send-off you want. Whether you want to organise a simple service, a traditional ceremony or a big celebration of life, we’ll help you find the right funeral director. Our directory has all the info you need when it comes to choosing funeral directors in Ipswich. From cost to location, independent funeral homes to recognised names, you have plenty of options. Take a look to find the one that’s right for your needs.
Planning a funeral in Ipswich
When it comes to organising a funeral in Ipswich, there are a variety of options to choose from in the area. There are 4 council-run cemeteries alongside a large range of churchyards and one crematorium in the town, so it’s worthwhile being aware of all your options. For religious funerals, the town has many places of worship. These include St Margaret's Church in the town centre, Ipswich Mosque and the Hindu Samaj Temple. So your beliefs can be celebrated in the way that you want.
Find an Ipswich crematorium
Ipswich Crematorium is the only crematorium in the town. Located in the heart of the town, it has 2 gardens of rest and the Temple of Remembrance. Due to capacity, the Garden of Rest is currently closed for further scattering or interments. More information can be found on the crematorium on the Ipswich Borough Council website.
Find a burial ground or Ipswich cemetery
There are 4 council-run cemeteries which include:
- New Cemetery/Ipswich Crematorium: Dates back to 1921. The crematorium is still in use, the Garden of Rest doesn’t currently have any burial space available.
- Lawn Cemetery: there are currently no new adult graves available.
- Millennium Cemetery: Open for use by all religions, there are 3 burial areas in this cemetery including lawn, traditional, and an area for children’s burials.
- Old Cemetery: Opened in 1855, this is a traditional Victorian-style cemetery with designated areas available for Muslim, Jewish and Quaker burials.
There are also several churchyards available across the town, such as:
- St Margaret’s Churchyard
- St Augustine’s Church Burial Ground
- St Clement Churchyard
- St Michael’s Churchyard
Inspiring ways to celebrate the life of a loved one
Read real stories for ideas.
Are you a funeral director in Ipswich?
Claim and edit your listing to showcase the services and support you offer.
We recommend taking some time to look into the different cemeteries and crematoriums listed above before you make your choice. You can find more information through their websites or by reading independent reviews. This will help you to find the best option to meet your needs.