Choose a brand
Funeral directors who can help you find grief counselling
No results found.
Please try another search term or change filters
Still looking for funeral directors within Belper and surrounding areas?
Find funeral directors in Belper
If you’re planning a funeral in Belper, we’ve gathered a list of Belper funeral directors to help arrange the funeral you have in mind. We’ve included independent choices like Thomas Ryde funeral directors and Joseph Allen funeral directors, as well as big names like Co-op Funerals. Whether you’re considering a cremation, a burial or anything else, our list of funeral homes can help.
Planning a funeral in Belper
Belper has a nearby crematorium, 2 local cemeteries and several other cemeteries within a 30-minute drive. For a religious service, there are several Christian churches in the area, though for other religions you may need to venture further afield. You’ll be able to find more options in the surrounding areas of Amber Valley and wider Derbyshire.
Find a Belper crematorium
There is one main crematorium near Belper:
- Amber Valley Memorial Park and Crematorium – roughly a 15-minute drive from Belper, this crematorium is privately owned and offers both attended and unattended cremations. The memorial park also offers Asian cremation and funeral services.
Find a cemetery or burial ground in Belper
If you’re planning a burial, there are 2 cemeteries in Belper:
- Belper Cemetery – this cemetery is run by Amber Valley Borough Council. It sits on a peaceful hill overlooking the Derbyshire countryside. Originally, it was an arboriculture site, so it also offers woodland burials and has a large garden of remembrance.
- Duffield Cemetery – also located in Belper, this cemetery has a chapel that fits up to 46 people. The cemetery itself has a large garden of remembrance, as well as a quiet area to reflect while looking over the Ecclesbourne Valley.
There are 5 more council-owned cemeteries within a 30-minute drive of Belper. These are:
- Alfreton Cemetery
- Leabrooks Cemetery
- Heanor Cemetery
- Ripley Cemetery
- Crosshill Cemetery
You can find out more about these Belper cemeteries and crematoriums on the Amber Valley Council website and the Duffield Parish Council website.
Find funeral wake venues in Belper
Belper has a choice of suitable wake venues. Some that you might consider include:
- Belper Community Hall – this hall has chairs and tables, as well as some kitchen equipment, an oven and a sink if you wish to prepare food.
- The Lion Hotel Belper – The Lion Hotel offers a large room with convenient parking for those attending a wake. There’s also the option of food for guests.
- Makeney Hall Hotel – this large manor and grounds sits in the Derbyshire countryside. People have described the space as calm and comforting.
We recommend taking some time to look into the different cemeteries and crematoriums listed above before you make your choice. You can find more information through their websites or by reading independent reviews. This will help you to find the best option to meet your needs.
Inspiring ways to celebrate the life of a loved one
Read real stories for ideas.
Are you a funeral director in Belper?
Claim and edit your listing to showcase the services and support you offer.
Search nearby areas
Alfreton Amber Valley Ashbourne Bakewell Bolsover Brampton Buxton Chapel-en-le-Frith Chesterfield Clay Cross Derby Dronfield Eckington Erewash Glossop Hartington Heanor Holbrook Ilkeston Kilburn Long Eaton Matlock Melbourne Milford Morley New Mills Newton Normanton Ripley Shirebrook Swadlincote