Choose a brand
No results found.
Please try another search term or change filters.
Find Sutton funeral directors
If you’re looking for funeral directors in Sutton, we're here to help. With our directory, you can find everything you need to know about independent funeral directors and well-known names like Dignity and Co-op. We can help you to find out about Sutton funeral homes in all areas of the borough including Beddington, Carshalton on the Hill, Erskine Village, Hackbridge, Rose Hill, The Wrythe and Worcester Park.
Planning a funeral in Sutton
If you’re planning a funeral in Sutton, you have several options available to you. There are 5 crematoriums within 15 miles and 3 cemeteries around Sutton. The cemeteries include consecrated and unconsecrated burial plots for Christian denominations. There’s also a natural burial ground 25 miles away in Guildford, Surrey.
The borough of Sutton has a diverse population. There are many different religious buildings and places of worship to reflect the multi-faith society, including churches, temples, mosques and synagogues.
Why compare Sutton funeral directors?
When you plan a funeral, you may want to consider a range of different costs. If you want to plan an affordable funeral in Sutton, you’ll need to research all these options before making any decisions. The overall price that you pay will depend on the type of service, funeral director and whether you opt for burial or cremation. You’ll also want to factor in the cost of the funeral wake and memorials. When you use our directory, it’s easy to compare all the different options in one place.
Find a Sutton crematorium
There are 5 crematoriums within a 15-mile radius of the borough. These are:
- North East Surrey Crematorium (council-run)
- East London Crematorium in Plaistow (privately run)
- St Marylebone Crematorium in Finchley (privately run)
- Manor Park Crematorium (privately run)
- Islington Crematorium (council-run)
- Hendon Crematorium - (council-run) - with sections dedicated to the Greek Orthodox Church and the Japanese Residents Association. There are dedicated areas for Muslim burials.
Find a Sutton cemetery
There are 3 cemeteries in and around Sutton:
- Sutton Cemetery (council-run) - traditional and lawn graves are available, though new lawn graves are only available for Christian denominations. Muslim burial plots and cremated burial plots are also available.
- Bandon Hill Joint Cemetery in Wallington (council-run) - has consecrated and unconsecrated grounds, a small funeral chapel and plots for burial of cremated remains. New burial rights are only available for reclaimed graves.
- Merton and Sutton Cemetery (privately managed, council-owned) - a multifaith and multicultural cemetery with burial plots available for Christian, Muslim, African Carribean, Jewish, non-comformist and humanist burials.
If you’re looking for woodland burial grounds, Clandon Wood is a natural burial ground in Guildford, Surrey, which is around 25 miles from the borough.
Find funeral wake venues in Sutton
Some people choose to hold the funeral wake at home or in a local venue such as a hall or a community centre. If you want to hold the wake in a private venue, here’s a list of funeral wake venues in Sutton.
Inspiring ways to celebrate the life of a loved one
Read real stories for ideas.
Are you a funeral director in Sutton?
Claim and edit your listing to showcase the services and support you offer.
Search nearby areas
Addlestone Ash Ashford Ashtead Bagshot Banstead Belmont Bentley Camberley Carshalton Caterham Chertsey Chessington Chobham Claygate Cobham Cranleigh Croydon Dorking East Dulwich East Molesey Egham Elmbridge Englefield Green Epsom Esher Ewell Farnham Frimley Godalming Godstone Guildford Ham Haslemere Hersham Hook Horley Kew Kingston upon Thames Knaphill Leatherhead Lingfield Long Ditton Merton Morden New Addington New Malden Norbiton North Cheam Oxted Purley Redhill Reigate Richmond upon Thames Ripley Sanderstead Selsdon Send Shepperton Shirley, Croydon South Croydon Staines Sunbury-on-thames Surbiton Tadworth Thames Ditton Wallington Walton-on-Thames Warlingham West Byfleet Weybridge Woking Worcester Park Worplesdon
We recommend taking some time to look into the different cemeteries and crematoriums listed above before you make your choice. You can find more information through their websites or by reading independent reviews. This will help you to find the best option to meet your needs.