- To enable people on low incomes in east London and across the UK to seek solutions to the issues affecting their lives.
- To listen and respond to the needs of the community by running practical, sustainable and collaborative projects.
- To share our work with others when it is clear that it has the potential to bring benefits to communities outside of our own.
Quaker Social Action is also behind the Fair Funerals Pledge which encourages transparency of pricing for funeral directors. Companies that sign the pledge are committing to:
- Recognise that funerals can be expensive and many people struggle with the cost
- Help people to find funerals that are within their means
- To be open about their most affordable options, including third party costs
To find out more contact the Fair Funerals Campaign:
Call: 0208 983 5051
Email: [email protected]